Friday, January 30, 2015

Downsized studio

A song from my middle school years says it best...Every new beginning comes from some other beginnings end....

After two years of having a spare bedroom/studio/classroom all to myself, I had to give it up last week because (thankfully) our pest control business has outgrown the desk in the corner of the living room. 

Which meant I'd have to find a new space in the house for my art belongings. Which also meant I'd have to find a classroom space outside my humble abode. *insert husband doing happy dance here

God must have known this translation was coming because not too long ago I saw Christy Tomlinson's video of her studio tour which was a tiny corner in their garage. So when I new I'd be giving up my room I told myself if she can make that much awesomeness in a little garage then I can too! 

So I moved my table and all my art goodies into a corner in my lime green laundry room. I had moved some things around in there which freed up my metal shelf which quickly got filled up with my treasures. 


The easel sadly had to go to the back porch but honestly this little move inspired me and got me kickstarted back on my canvases. 

Here's what I've been working on since the move, a lady wanted a family verse for above her front door and she gave me full freedom so I picked this canvas from the Bloom True ecourse I took last spring which was still in graffiti chic stage as I like to call it

Played around some more on it and it made its way to this. Notice the washer doubles as an easel lol which is actually the perfect height for me!





No comments:

Post a Comment